Education & Learning
As an organization that prioritizes the inclusion of all LGBTQ+ individuals, it is important to JFCS to share the knowledge and resources we have with others working to do the same.
JFCS offers workshops for synagogues, schools, businesses, and other community-based organizations to provide information about LGBTQ+ identities and best practices, giving tools to organizations looking to be more inclusive.
We also offer inclusion coaching, as well as policy and collateral audits for companies and organizations wishing to be fully inclusive to the LGBTQ+ community.
LGBTQ+-identity training topics may include:
- LGBTQ+ identities and best practices
- Transgender sensitivity training for professionals
- LGBTQ+ adolescent experiences and needs
- Gender in early childhood education
- Transgender narratives and needs
- Sex and gender for adolescents
- The universe model of gender for teens and adults
- Aging and LGBTQ+ identities
- Macro-work: LGBTQ+ affirming policies, communities, and laws
- Supporting families of LGBTQ+ Individuals
- Non-binary identities and experiences
- Asexuality, pansexuality, and other “invisible” identities
- Gender and sexuality in Jewish texts
- Judaism and LGBTQ+ narratives
- As well as custom trainings