Older Adult Services
At JFCS we know that as people age, they are often in need of a continuum of care that can be stressful to piece together. JFCS is here to coordinate this care and connect older adults (65 and over) to services that enable them to age safely while maintaining a good quality of life.
Older Adults Services include:
- Care management: provide ongoing assistance to ensure that necessary services and resources are in place.
- Education: provide information to clients and caregivers so they are aware of services and resources available.
- Community based information and referrals: assist clients with resources and referrals within their communities.
- Advocacy and support: work on behalf of older adult clients and community members to make sure needs are known and addressed.
- Financial assistance: provide limited funds specifically for basic needs.
- Assistance with applying for public entitlements: help older adults navigate the process of applying for benefits.
- Mobile mental health counseling: meet accessibility needs by providing in-home counseling services for older adults.
- Hoarding support services: offer education and support groups to assist clients with hoarding and compulsive saving.
- Financial empowerment: educate older adults regarding the specific financial issues they may face as they age.
Eligibility is determined based on the specific needs of the individual or family.
We offer services via a variety of locations and platforms: telehealth, in office settings, and mobile therapy for those who are eligible.
If fees are applicable, they are established on a case-by-case basis. If you need assistance, please do not let financial concerns keep you from calling for help. Payment options may include a sliding scale, Medicare, and/or additional assistance.
Carly Bruski, LMSW, Program Officer, Holocaust Survivor Support & Older Adults
Brenda Edelman, LCSW, Assistant Director, Older Adults
Kim Coontz, LCSW, Staff Social Worker
Sue Duberstein, LCSW, Staff Social Worker
Cicely Rendleman, MSW, LSW, Care Manager
Dawn Waters, Care Manager