Trainings & Workshops
JFCS offers trainings and workshops for companies, organizations, schools, and more on important topics, giving you the practical skills to make positive change in your community.
LGBTQ+-focused workshops for synagogues, schools, businesses, and other community-based organizations provide information about LGBTQ+ identities and best practices, giving tools to organizations looking to be more inclusive.
JFCS also offers inclusion coaching, as well as policy and collateral audits for companies and organizations wishing to be fully inclusive to the LGBTQ+ community.
LGBTQ+-identity training topics include:
- LGBTQ+ identities and best practices
- Transgender sensitivity training for professionals
- LGBTQ+ adolescent experiences and needs
- Gender in early childhood education
- Transgender narratives and needs
- Sex and gender for adolescents
- The universe model of gender for teens and adults
- Aging and LGBTQ+ identities
- Macro-work: LGBTQ+ affirming policies, communities, and laws
- Supporting families of LGBTQ+ Individuals
- Non-binary identities and experiences
- Asexuality, pansexuality, and other “invisible” identities
- Gender and sexuality in Jewish texts
- Judaism and LGBTQ+ narratives
- As well as custom trainings
To learn more about LGBTQ+ trainings or educational opportunities, contact Galia Godel, M.Ed., Program Manager of the LGBTQ Initiative, at 267.273.6006 or email@example.com.
JFCS suicide prevention trainings equip individuals and their families, along with organizations across our region, with the tools needed to recognize signs of suicide and take the appropriate steps to help.
- Signs of Suicide: prevention specialists work with public, private, and parochial schools, camps, and community centers to teach an evidence-based suicide prevention curriculum to youth, families, teachers, and administrators. The program focuses on early intervention, risks and warning signs, and guidance.
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR): We also offer trainings on the gatekeeper prevention model QPR for the general community, groups, organizations, or anyone who is interested at no cost.
For more information, contact Carly Chodosh, LSW, Social Worker/Care Manager, at 267.804.5880 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Care Navigation at 866.JFCS.NOW (866.532.7669).
School-Based Prevention Services
JFCS expert Prevention Specialists equip children and teens with the knowledge base, toolkit, and supportive environment to make the best decisions for their current and future health and well-being. Our prevention workshops use universal prevention education curricula that are designed to mitigate the risk factors and enhance protective factors related to alcohol, tobacco, drug use, violence, gambling, and suicide.
Our workshops are taught via a series of age-appropriate trainings for children and teens that cover:
- Healthy living
- Life skills
- Peer mediation
- Peer pressure
- Sexual behavior
Programs on drug & alcohol use, violence, and gambling are offered to schools in Philadelphia and Bucks County only. Programs on suicide prevention are offered to schools in Philadelphia, Montgomery County, and Bucks County. All service requests are filled based on staffing availability and capacity.
To request a training, contact Melissa Blackson, Administrative Coordinator & ELECT Data Coordinator, at 215.356.1851 or email@example.com.